- 1/3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained and minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds mahimahi fillets, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- calories 285
- fat 10.7 g
- satfat 2.5 g
- protein 29.8 g
- carbohydrate 15.8 g
- cholesterol 116 mg
- iron 5.6 mg
- sodium 640 mg
- caloriesfromfat 34 %
- fiber 0.7 g
- calcium 61 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Cover and chill.
Combine egg white, lemon juice, and water in a shallow bowl; stir with a whisk.
Combine flour and next 4 ingredients in another shallow dish; stir with a whisk.
Pat fish strips dry with paper towels; dip in egg white mixture, and dredge in flour mixture.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium- high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and half of fish; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and fish. Serve with tartar sauce.