Great recipe! Me and my kids did this for snack and my kids asked for us to make some more! We used to have Cherries with Vanilla Ice-Cream which we found on GourmetRecipe.com but it's nice to try new things. I often check it out for recipes and cooking information including this website, KraftRecipes.com, BananaPedia.com, iBeefRecipes.com, and Gourmandia.de for different moods and occasions. Thanks for this appetizing recipe! By the way, here's the link to the mentioned recipe: www.gourmetrecipe.com/recipes/cherries-with-vanilla-ice-cream Gourmet-Pass.com and XDestination.com are also my favorites.
Magic Reindeer Food
Photo: Ralph Anderson; Styling: Buffy Hargett
Sprinkle some of this nutty cereal-candy snack mix outside on Christmas Eve and watch your children's faces when they see just crumbs left in the morning.
Yield: 25 cups
- 2 (24-ounce) packages vanilla candy coating
- 3 cups mini pretzels
- 1 (12-ounce) can cocktail peanuts
- 1 (14.25-ounce) package frosted toasted oat O-shaped cereal
- 1 (12-ounce) package crisp rice cereal squares
- 1 (16-ounce) package holiday candy-coated chocolate pieces
- Red and green sugars
- Place candy coating in a glass container; microwave at HIGH 2 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring once.
- Combine pretzels and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; add melted candy coating, tossing to coat. Stir in chocolate pieces.
- Spread mixture onto wax paper; sprinkle with sugars. Let stand 30 minutes. Break into pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note