Maggiano's Gnocchi & Italian Sausage
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) gnocchi
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 cup(s) reserved water from pasta
- 1 can(s) 28 oz can whole tomatoes drained, liquid reserved
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) onion minced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup(s) Vodka
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 3/4 pound(s) Italian Sauage casings removed
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh basil chopped
- 5 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley chopped
- Asiago or Parm cheese grated
- Boil water in a large pot to cook gnocchi. Place gnocchi in the pot. The gnocchi is done when they float to the top. Drain pasta and reserve ¼ c. cooking water.
- Puree half the tomatoes in a blender until smooth. Coarsely chop the remaining tomatoes, removing seeds and cores. Place pureed and chopped tomatoes in a liquid measuring cup and add reserved tomato liquid to equal 2 cups.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat until it simmers. Add onion and tomato paste. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 30 seconds while stirring constantly.
- Add tomatoes and ½ tsp. salt.
- Remove the pan from the burner to add the vodka. Return pan to medium-high heat and simmer for approximately 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently until the alcohol flavor has cooked off. Lower the heat if the sauce simmers too vigorously.
- Stir in heavy cream and cook for about 1 minute, until it is heated through.
- Add sliced sausage, basil, 3 tbsp. parsley, and garlic butter to the sauce.
- Simmer the sauce until the sausage is cooked through. 
- Add cooked gnocchi to the sauce and simmer for an additional 30 seconds. Toss gnocchi to coat with sauce.  Add reserved pasta water if the sauce is too thick.
- Serve gnocchi with Asiago cheese and remaining fresh chopped parsley as garnish.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JoannIann and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Maggiano's Gnocchi & Italian Sausage Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes