Madeleines from Cooking Light
When baked in holiday shapes, these cookie-cake hybrids become more fun. They are good to have in the mix because decorating is so simple. Just dust them with powdered sugar. Make and chill the batter up to a day ahead.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 6 ounce(s) cake flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup(s) butter melted & cooled
- Baking spray with flour (such as Baker's Joy)
- 3 tablespoon(s) powdered sugar
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed for 5 minutes or until mixture is thick and pale. Sift cake flour over egg mixture, 1/2 cup at a time; gently fold in flour. Fold in melted butter. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3. Spoon about 2 teaspoons batter into each of 12 madeleine molds, coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degreed for 8 minutes or until golden around the edges. Cool in pan on a wire rack 2 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack. Repeat procedure twice with the remaining batter to yield 36 cookies. Dust madeleines with powdered sugar.
- CALORIES: 112 FAT: 3.9g (sat:2.3g,mono:1.1g,poly:0.3g) PROTEIN: 1.9g
- CARB:17.3g FIBER: 0.2g CHOL:29mg IRON:0.8mg SODIUM:71mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Madeleines from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts