Yield: 3 dozen
- 1 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted and divided
- Sifted powdered sugar
- Chocolate Glaze
- Sift together cake flour, baking powder, and salt in a small mixing bowl; set aside.
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy; add vanilla, beating well. Gradually add sugar, beating until volume of batter has increased 4 times.
- Gradually fold in reserved flour mixture and grated lemon rind. Add 3/4 cup melted butter, stirring until thoroughly blended. Set aside.
- Brush madeleine pan with remaining 1/4 cup melted butter; spoon reserved batter into each shell, filling three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from madeleine pans, and cool completely on wire racks. Sprinkle each cookie with powdered sugar. Dip one-third of each cookie into Chocolate Glaze; place on waxed paper-lined cookie sheets, and refrigerate 2 hours. Store in airtight containers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies