- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 pound fresh, small mushrooms, sliced
- Pan drippings
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup Madeira wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine water, 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and add 1/4 teaspoon salt and mushrooms. Cover, and simmer 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Drain, reserving liquid. Set mushrooms aside.
- Combine reserved pan drippings, melted butter, and onion; sauté until tender.
- Add water to reserved mushroom liquid to equal 1 cup. Combine with onion mixture, broth, wine, tomato paste, pepper, and remaining salt. Heat thoroughly. Stir in mushrooms.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note