This recipe goes with Standing Rib Roast Of Beef With Madeira Sauce
Yield: 4 cups
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 pound fresh, small mushrooms, sliced
- Pan drippings
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup Madeira wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine water, 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and add 1/4 teaspoon salt and mushrooms. Cover, and simmer 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Drain, reserving liquid. Set mushrooms aside.
- Combine reserved pan drippings, melted butter, and onion; sauté until tender.
- Add water to reserved mushroom liquid to equal 1 cup. Combine with onion mixture, broth, wine, tomato paste, pepper, and remaining salt. Heat thoroughly. Stir in mushrooms.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments