This was one of those not enough $$ to go to my favorite Pho joint, so let's see what I can whip up at home. Very tasty for me. Didn't have fresh Basil and other normal add-ins for Pho, and still turned out very well. Feel free to experiment with your own variations. Merry Noshing! Mad Doc
Mad Doc's Easy Beef Pho
- 2 package(s) Oriental Ramen Noodles with seasoning packets
- 5 cup(s) Hot tap water
- 1/8 cup(s) Coarse Chop Yellow Onion
- Sriracha Sauce to taste
- 1 tablespoon(s) Butter (not margarine)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/4 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 5 Cup Bowl to eat out of
- Heat water to boiling in large saucepan. Break 2 Pkg.’s of Ramen in half width wise, drop in boiling water and cook for 3 minutes.
- While noodles are cooking, in small fry pan add 1 T. Butter, Ground Beef, & Garlic Powder. Cook until browned. Beef will cook off quickly.. Drain almost all the fat off the meat but not all.
- By now noodles should be almost done. With about 60 seconds left add in chopped onion to noodles.
- Drain noodles and onions retaining about 2 C. of the noodle water with the noodles & onions. Place in 5 cup bowl.
- Next combine oriental seasoning packs from noodle package with the cooked noodles, onions & water. Stir to combine well
- Then add in Ground beef mixture. Stir to combine.
- Lastly, one-two turns around the edge of the bowl with the Sriracha, mix together, and Enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MadDoc and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note