This was one of those not enough $$ to go to my favorite Pho joint, so let's see what I can whip up at home. Very tasty for me. Didn't have fresh Basil and other normal add-ins for Pho, and still turned out very well. Feel free to experiment with your own variations. Merry Noshing! Mad Doc
Mad Doc's Easy Beef Pho
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 package(s) Oriental Ramen Noodles with seasoning packets
- 5 cup(s) Hot tap water
- 1/8 cup(s) Coarse Chop Yellow Onion
- Sriracha Sauce to taste
- 1 tablespoon(s) Butter (not margarine)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/4 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 5 Cup Bowl to eat out of
- Heat water to boiling in large saucepan. Break 2 Pkg.’s of Ramen in half width wise, drop in boiling water and cook for 3 minutes.
- While noodles are cooking, in small fry pan add 1 T. Butter, Ground Beef, & Garlic Powder. Cook until browned. Beef will cook off quickly.. Drain almost all the fat off the meat but not all.
- By now noodles should be almost done. With about 60 seconds left add in chopped onion to noodles.
- Drain noodles and onions retaining about 2 C. of the noodle water with the noodles & onions. Place in 5 cup bowl.
- Next combine oriental seasoning packs from noodle package with the cooked noodles, onions & water. Stir to combine well
- Then add in Ground beef mixture. Stir to combine.
- Lastly, one-two turns around the edge of the bowl with the Sriracha, mix together, and Enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MadDoc and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note