Brought it to an outdoor play. The dessert was requested again for the next outing. Easy with great summer fruit.
Macerated Berries with Whipped Cream
Use any combination of the best-quality berries you can find to prepare this simple recipe that showcases the finest fresh summer fruit.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 2/3 cup berry mixture, about 1 tablespoon whipped cream, and about 1 teaspoon pistachios)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 145
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 1.7g
- Carbohydrate: 24.4g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 5.1mg
- Calcium: 26mg
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 1/2 cups blueberries
- 2 1/2 tablespoons torn fresh mint
- 3 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Grand Marnier (orange-flavored liqueur)
- 3/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted pistachios
- Mint sprigs (optional)
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl. Cover and let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
- 2. Place cream and sugar in a small bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Spoon over strawberry mixture; sprinkle with pistachios. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This