Macerated Berries with Pound Cake and Whipped Cream
A perfect ending to your Father's Day meal. Pair with Barton & Guestier Sauternes, 2010. Recipe and pairing courtesy of Austin, Texas based wine educator and food enthusiast, Rob Moshein.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) 2 lbs of fresh seasonal berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueb
- 1/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch(s) salt
- 1 high quality pound cake
- Combine all the ingredients together in a glass bowl and let the mix sit at room temperature for an hour or longer. A nice syrupy juice should form.
- Slice good pound cake, one slice per person and top with the macerated berries. Top berries with homemade whipped cream and serve with a nice chilled glass of the Sauternes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by karenleslie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note