The buttery crust of these mini tarts encases a soft almond paste filling.
Yield: 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pound almond paste
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating well. Add 1 egg and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour; beat well.
- Shape dough into 48 (1") balls; press balls into lightly greased miniature (1 3/4") muffin pans, pressing evenly into bottom and up sides. Set aside.
- Beat almond paste at medium speed until creamy; gradually add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, beating well.
- Add almond extract and remaining 2 eggs, beating well. Spoon mixture into prepared shells. Top each tartlet with 3 slivered almonds. Bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until golden. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove to wire racks, and cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts