I love these cookies and make them every Christmas. I follow the recipe exactly as it is. Friends request I make these all the time.
Baking for 11 minutes will make soft, chewy cookies, while baking for 13 minutes will make crisper cookies.
Yield: Makes 4 dozen
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups sweetened flaked coconut, divided
- 1 (10-ounce) package HERSHEY'S KISSES Chocolates, unwrapped
- Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add egg yolk, orange juice, and almond extract, beating until mixture is blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in 3 cups coconut. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll balls in remaining 2 cups coconut, and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 11 to 13 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Remove from oven, and press 1 chocolate into center of each warm cookie. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note