- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 1/2 pounds summer squash (about 4), grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1/4 pound sliced salami, cut into thin strips
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
In a large frying pan, heat the oil over moderately high heat. Add the summer squash, minced garlic, salt, and the oregano and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the ricotta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, salami, and the pepper.
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the macaroni until just done, about 8 minutes. Drain and toss the pasta with the sauce. Top with the Parmesan.
Sun-Dried Tomatoes: Oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes come in a jar and need only to be drained before using. Sun-dried tomatoes are also available without the oil, usually in cellophane bags. You can substitute one type for the other.
Wine Recommendation: We suggest you look for a refreshing white wine to pair with this lively Italian-inspired. dish. A pinot grigio or a Galestro from Italy will serve admirably.