I was delighted to find a healthy macaroni salad, but this recipe did not live up to my expectations. The flavors of the ingredients are very good; they just don't blend together well. Too bad.
Macaroni Salad with Gorgonzola
Serve this over a bed of fresh arugula or gourmet greens for an attractive presentation. If you prefer, substitute crumbled goat cheese for Gorgonzola.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 173
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 6.6g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 344mg
- Calcium: 72mg
- 8 ounces whole wheat macaroni
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup diced Granny Smith apple (about 1 medium)
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups arugula, chopped
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Add red bell pepper, apple, and toasted pecans.
- Combine sour cream and next 3 ingredients (through salt). Stir until blended. Pour over macaroni mixture, tossing to coat. Stir in arugula, and sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This