In this recipe, the vegetables and macaroni cook together in the same pot, making cleanup a breeze.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 4 quarts water
- 1 (8-ounce) package macaroni, uncooked
- 3 large carrots, scraped and sliced
- 2 cups fresh broccoli flowerets
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh yellow squash
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large Dutch oven; add macaroni, and cook 4 minutes.
- Add sliced carrot, and cook 2 minutes; add broccoli flowerets, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in squash, and cook 1 minute; drain.
- Combine cottage cheese and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in pasta mixture, mushrooms, mozzarella cheese, and half of Cheddar cheese. Spoon into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes, shielding with foil after 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Macaroni Primavera Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This