- 4 quarts water
- 1 (8-ounce) package macaroni, uncooked
- 3 large carrots, scraped and sliced
- 2 cups fresh broccoli flowerets
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh yellow squash
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large Dutch oven; add macaroni, and cook 4 minutes.
Add sliced carrot, and cook 2 minutes; add broccoli flowerets, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in squash, and cook 1 minute; drain.
Combine cottage cheese and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in pasta mixture, mushrooms, mozzarella cheese, and half of Cheddar cheese. Spoon into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining Cheddar cheese.
Bake at 375° for 20 minutes, shielding with foil after 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary.