Community Recipe from
- 10 ounce(s) macaroni
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 3 tablespoon(s) sour cream
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cup(s) gruyere cheese grated
- Grease a baking disch
- Cook the macaroni in plenty of boiling water with salt for 6 to 9 minutes until almost tender. Drain and return to the pan.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan and add the sour cream. Melt the butter in a second saucepan and add the flour, cook stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
- Stir the milk mixture into the macaroni and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add 2/3 of the cheese and transfer to the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and cook under the broiler for 10 - 15 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
- Serve hot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mtturk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Macaroni Gratin Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Main Dishes