- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 pound American cheese slices, chopped
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 8-oz. pkg. elbow macaroni, cooked
How to Make It
Lightly grease mini muffin cups. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, tapping out excess. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour; cook for 2 minutes.
Whisk in milk until boiling, about 5 minutes. Add Cheddar and American cheeses; remove from heat and stir until smooth. Whisk in egg yolk and paprika; fold in macaroni until well coated. Spoon rounded tablespoons of mixture into prepared tins; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
Bake at 425 degrees until hot and golden, about 10 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes; carefully transfer to a serving plate.