- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. uncooked elbow macaroni
- 8 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup soft fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Sliced cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Flat-leaf parsley sprigs (optional)
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare macaroni according to package directions.
Gently stir together macaroni, Cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, ham, onion, salt, pepper, and egg in a large bowl. Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Stir together breadcrumbs, butter, and paprika in a small bowl. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture diagonally across the top of the macaroni mixture, forming stripes.
Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Top with sliced tomatoes and parsley, if desired.