1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Place paper liners in muffin cups. Cook macaroni.
2. Drain macaroni and return to pan.
3. Add cheese and stir until nearly melted.
4. In medium bowl, whisk together cornstarch and milk. Add egg and whisk until smooth. Pour milk mixture over macaroni.
5. Melt the butter in a large measuring cup or small bowl. Stir in panko crumbs and toss to combine.
6. Scoop macaroni mixture evenly into 12 cups. It will be wet, but don't worry, it will bake up fine. Sprinkle a little of the buttered crumbs on each.
7. Bake for 20 minutes.
Go to full version of