More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 232
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 15.6g
- Carbohydrate: 19g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 430mg
- Calcium: 364mg
- 1 (8-oz.) package multigrain or whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 2 (8-oz.) blocks 2% reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 cup soft whole grain white breadcrumbs (about 1 oz.)
- 1. Prepare macaroni according to package directions, omitting salt and butter; drain well.
- 2. Place milk and next 4 ingredients in a quart jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously 1 minute. Stir together milk mixture, cheese, spinach, and macaroni.
- 3. Pour macaroni mixture into a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with butter-flavored cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs; lightly coat breadcrumbs with cooking spray.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Note: For testing purposes, we used Barilla Plus pasta and Sara Lee Soft & Smooth Whole Grain White Bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note