Macaroni and Cheese Casserole Lightened up . . . ish
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 box(es) whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 1 stick(s) light butter
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 2 shallots chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- Salt and ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 4.5 cup(s) skim milk
- 1/2 cup(s) fat free half and half
- 4 cup(s) reduced-fat sharp cheddar
- 1/2 package(s) Herb Ox chicken bouillon
- 1/2 cup(s) Italian bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni and drain. In a separate saucepan, melt butter, saute garlic and shallot, and stir in flour, dry mustard, and white pepper. Cook down, add milk gradually, and FF HH once roux has come to a boil. Add 3 cups of cheddar and stir in until melted. Add in chicken bouillon and add salt to taste afterwards. Toss pasta w/sauce, and add 1/2 cup parmesan cheese to mixture. Grease casserole dish w/nonfat butter-flavored cooking spray and pour in macaroni mixture. Sprinkle remaining cup of cheddar on top, then remaining 1/4 cup parmesan, and finally, bread crumbs. Spray bread crumbs w/cooking spray and bake at 350 for a total of 50 minutes, or until bubbly and golden - 30 covered w/foil, 20 uncovered. Let cool at least 10/15 minutes before eating so cheese sets.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Mattyden and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Macaroni and Cheese Casserole Lightened up . . . ish Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables