Macaroni and cheese
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) Elbows
- 8 tablespoon(s) butter
- 6 tablespoon(s) Flour
- 3 cup(s) Milk
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon(s) Black pepper
- 1 pound(s) White cheddar shredded
- 4 ounce(s) romano cheese
- 4 ounce(s) Asiago
- 2 cup(s) Panko
- Preheat oven to 325
- In large pot filled water add 3 pinches salt. Boil pasta about 8 min or aldente. Don't over cook... Set aside
- In large saucepan melt butter. Sprinkle flour over butter and cook 2 to 3 min on med heat, whisking until roux or paste forms. Add cold milk and whisk vigorously until dissolved. Cook sauce on medium low heat until thick and bubbly. Add heavy cream all cheeses , 1 tbsp salt, and 1 tbsp pepper. Cook until cheeses are fully melted. Stil occasionally.
- In separate pan melt 2 tbsp butter and then mix in panko until fully absorbed.
- Add cooked macaroni to cheese mixture and mix thoroughly. Place Mac and cheese in 13x9 baking dish and top with bread crumbs. Bake 12-15 or until golden brown.
- Turn to broil for 5 min to make extra crispy crust.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Golfgirls and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Macaroni and cheese Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles