Macaroni and Cheese
Note: A Microplane Box Grater makes quick work of grating the Cheddar and Gruyere cheeses, while a Microplane Zester is perfect for the harder Parmigiano Reggiano.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) uncooked penne pasta
- 1 eggs
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 1 1/2 cup(s) 2% low-fat milk
- 1 cup(s) (4 ounces) shredded GruyÃ¨re or Swiss cheese shreadded
- 3/4 cup(s) (3 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese grated
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 package(s) garlic buttery croutons crushed
- Prep Time - 15 Cook Time - 40
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch or 8-cup casserole dish.
- Combine egg, garlic and milk and mix well. Place pasta in a large casserole dish. Add milk mixture and remaining ingredients, except butter and crackers. Mix well with a spoon. Combine butter and crackers. Sprinkle over pasta. Bake 30 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
- Nutritional Info (per serving)
- Calories 600Fat 24gSaturated Fat 13gPolyunsaturated Fat 1gMonounsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 90mgSodium 450mgPotassium 140mgCarbohydrates 68gFiber 2gSugars 6gProtein 25g
This recipe is a personal recipe added by msmith7025 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note