This hearty recipe can be covered with plastic wrap and kept chilled in the refrigerator for up to 10 days. Be sure to press plastic wrap directly on top of pesto to keep the green color. It can also be frozen for up to two months.
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup salted macadamia nuts
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Process first 3 ingredients in a food processor 3 minutes until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. With processor running, pour oil through food chute in a slow, steady stream. Add cheese, salt, and pepper, and process 2 seconds or until smooth.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note