Macadamia Nut Tart
Photo: Lisa Romerein
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 350
- Calories from fat: 64%
- Protein: 3.5g
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 118mg
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 large egg yolk, plus 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 1/3 cups unsalted macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a food processor, whirl flour, 2 tbsp. brown sugar, and 1/4 tsp. salt. Add cold butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg yolk and pulse to combine. Add 2 to 3 tbsp. ice water, pulsing until mixture begins to come together in a ball.
- 2. Press dough into bottom and up sides of a 9-in. round tart pan with 1-in. sides. Prick bottom of tart with a fork and chill in freezer 15 minutes. Bake crust until medium golden brown, 15 to 25 minutes, and remove from oven (leave oven on).
- 3. Meanwhile, in a standing electric mixer on high speed, beat whole egg, remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt until pale and ribbony, 7 to 10 minutes. Beat in melted butter, corn syrup, and rum.
- 4. Pour sugar mixture into tart shell and sprinkle with macadamia nuts. Bake tart until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool tart on a wire rack at least 1 hour. Cut into wedges and serve with vanilla or ginger ice cream, if you like.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
To omit the rum in the filling, use 1 1/2 tablespoons of water plus 1 teaspoon of rum extract.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts