Macadamia Nut Tart
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup dry-roasted macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- Whipped cream
- Process first 4 ingredients in food processor until dough forms ball. Roll into a 12-inch circle. Place dough in 10-inch tart pan; trim edges, leaving 1-inch overhang. Fold overhang inside pan, and press against sides, forming a thick edge. Line pastry with aluminum foil. Fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake at 375° for 18 minutes. Remove from oven, and place on a wire rack to cool while preparing filling. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- Combine sugar, water, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until mixture turns a dark amber color. Wash down sides of pan once with a small brush dipped in hot water. Remove from heat, and carefully stir in cream and butter until smooth.
- Place nuts in bottom of tart shell. Place tart on a baking sheet. Pour caramel mixture over nuts. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Carefully remove tart from oven, and place on a wire rack. Cool completely. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts