One of Hawaii's most beloved chefs, Sam Choy of Sam Choy's Breakfast, Lunch & Crab and Big Aloha Brewery in Honolulu, combines fresh pineapple and papaya for a sticky-sweet sauce that accompanies this flavorful chicken.
Coastal Living FEBRUARY 2010
1. Whisk together first 5 ingredients and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and place in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic freezer bag. Pour marinade over chicken; seal bag, turning to coat chicken. Chill 1 hour, turning occasionally.
2. Combine macadamia nuts and panko in a shallow dish. Place flour in a separate shallow dish; place eggs in another shallow dish.
3. Preheat oven to 400°. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Dredge chicken in flour, and dip in eggs, shaking off excess. Dredge in crumb mixture.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat until butter melts. Cook 3 chicken breasts over medium heat 4 minutes; turn and cook 3 minutes or until golden. Transfer chicken to a lightly greased jellyroll pan. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon butter.
5. Bake at 400° for 17 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve with Papaya-Pineapple Relish.
Go to Full Version of