Amazing combo of flavors! Yum!
Macadamia Nut Chicken with Papaya-Pineapple Relish
Photo: Con Poulos; Styling: Deborah Williams
More From Coastal Living
Marinate: 1 Hour
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Papaya-Pineapple Relish
- 1. Whisk together first 5 ingredients and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and place in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic freezer bag. Pour marinade over chicken; seal bag, turning to coat chicken. Chill 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- 2. Combine macadamia nuts and panko in a shallow dish. Place flour in a separate shallow dish; place eggs in another shallow dish.
- 3. Preheat oven to 400°. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Dredge chicken in flour, and dip in eggs, shaking off excess. Dredge in crumb mixture.
- 4. Heat 2 tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat until butter melts. Cook 3 chicken breasts over medium heat 4 minutes; turn and cook 3 minutes or until golden. Transfer chicken to a lightly greased jellyroll pan. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon butter.
- 5. Bake at 400° for 17 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve with Papaya-Pineapple Relish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note