Macadamia Key Lime Pie
You can substitute the more widely available Persian limes for Key limes but avoid the bottled juice. Instead of the usual meringue or whipped cream topping, I prefer sweetened crème fraîche and a last-minute squeeze of fresh lime. Prep: 10 minutes, Bake: 33 minutes, Stand: 15 minutes, Chill: 4 hours.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped dry roasted macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/4 cups Key lime juice
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Garnishes: 1/4 cup chopped dry roasted macadamia nuts, grated lime zest, and lime slices
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Mix graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, granulated sugar, and butter with hands; press firmly into a 10-inch pie plate. Bake at 325° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove and let stand 15 minutes.
- 2. Whisk together condensed milk, lime juice, and eggs until well blended. Pour into crust, and bake at 325° for 18 to 20 minutes or until set. Chill at least 4 hours.
- 3. Combine crème fraîche and powdered sugar. Spread evenly over pie, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note