Macadamia-Herb Crusted Soft-Shell Crabs
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 3/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 6 soft-shell crabs, dressed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Process first 4 ingredients in a food processor until finely chopped. (Do not overprocess because nuts will become oily.) Stir in breadcrumbs and salt; set aside.
- Combine milk and eggs.
- Dredge crabs in flour; dip in milk mixture; and coat with nut mixture.
- Sauté crabs in oil in a large skillet 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- Add wine to skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until wine is reduced by half. Stir in whipping cream, and cook until hot and slightly thickened. Remove from heat, and stir in butter. Serve immediately with soft-shell crabs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Macadamia-Herb Crusted Soft-Shell Crabs Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers, Hors d'Oeuvres, Main Dishes
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining
- CUISINE: American, California, Pacific Northwest, Pacific Rim
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Shellfish
- COOKING METHOD: Food Processor
- OCCASION: Spring, Summer, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Birthdays/Anniversaries
- PUBLICATION: Coastal Living
More Recipes for Appetizers