I, as the other reviewer, also used halibut fillets as sea bass is pretty spendy for a regular diner. This was a very tasty recipe and the Mango Lime Salsa was the perfect compliment.
Macadamia-crusted Sea Bass with Mango-Lime Salsa
Sea bass gets a delicious macadamia nut crust in this creative fish dish. Don't forget to make the mango lime salsa - it's the perfect tropical accompaniment.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 4 (8-ounce) sea bass or halibut fillets
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- Mango-Lime Salsa
- Pulse macadamia nuts in a food processor until finely ground. Add breadcrumbs, and pulse 2 or 3 times or until combined. Place nut mixture in a shallow dish.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Whisk eggs in a medium bowl. Sprinkle fish with salt. Dredge fish in flour; shake off excess, and dip in egg. Dredge fish in nut mixture, coating completely.
- Heat oil and butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat until butter melts. Add fish; cook 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until golden. (If nuts begin to brown too quickly, reduce heat.) Serve with Mango-Lime Salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes