Notes: To remove salt from salted macadamias, pour nuts onto a towel; enclose and rub, then lift nuts from towel. If making crust up to 1 day ahead, wrap airtight and store at room temperature.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 168
- Calories from fat: 64%
- Protein: 1.8g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 44mg
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- 1 cup unsalted roasted macadamias (see notes)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/8 lb.) butter or margarine, cut into chunks
- 1. In a food processor, whirl macadamias until finely chopped. Pour into a bowl. In food processor, whirl flour, sugar, and butter until fine crumbs form. Add macadamias and whirl just until dough sticks together. (Or mince nuts with a sharp knife and put in a bowl with flour, sugar, and butter; rub with your fingers until mixture sticks together, then pat into a ball.)
- 2. Press mixture evenly over bottom and about 1 1/4 inches up sides of a 9-inch cheesecake pan with a removable rim.
- 3. Bake crust in a 350° oven until golden brown, 12 to 18 minutes. Set on a rack and cool at least 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note