These tasted pretty good, but had something left to be desired.
Macadamia Butter Cookies with Dried Cranberries
We love these thick, satisfying cookies as humble as peanut butter cookies but not as crumbly. Dried cranberries provide a slightly tart counterpoint to the macadamia nuts' richness. The dough is somewhat sticky; chilling it briefly makes handling easier.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 76
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 13.2g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 44mg
- Calcium: 7mg
- 2/3 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place nuts in a food processor; process until smooth (about 2 minutes), scraping sides of bowl once. Combine macadamia butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed. Add vanilla and egg; beat well.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and ground nutmeg, stirring with a whisk. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; beat at low speed just until combined (mixture will be very thick). Stir in chopped cranberries. Chill 10 minutes.
- Divide chilled dough into 30 equal portions; roll each portion into a ball. Place 1 tablespoon granulated sugar in a small bowl. Lightly press each ball into sugar; place each ball, sugar side up, on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Gently press the top of each cookie with a fork. Dip the fork in water; gently press the top of each cookie again to form a crisscross pattern. Place 15 cookies on each of 2 baking sheets.
- Bake cookies, 1 baking sheet at a time, at 375° for 9 minutes or until golden. Remove cookies from pan; cool on a wire rack. Repeat procedure with remaining cookies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note