115 calories per tablespoon
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 ounce(s) powdered blue cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh black pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon(s) celery salt
- 3 1/2 ounce(s) crumbled American blue cheese
- 1 1/2 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoon(s) water
- 3 cup(s) canola oil
- 1. In a mixing bowl, thoroughly whisk together the dry ingredients; powdered blue cheese blend, black pepper, garlic powder, salt, dry mustard and celery salt. Set aside.
- 2. Place the crumbled blue cheese in a blender and add just enough of the water to puree the cheese, or mix thoroughly by hand. Set aside.
- 3. To bowl of dry ingredients, using an electric mixer with the whip attachment or a hand whisk, slowly mix in the vinegar, the remaining water and the blue cheese puree. Mix until well blended.
- 4. Slowly beat in the oil until well combined.
- 5. Store in a clean plastic container in the fridge. To serve, toss chopped romaine salad, toasted sesame seeds, freshly shredded Romano cheese and freshly ground black pepper with enough dressing to coat the lettuce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mac's Dressing Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salad Dressings