Mac n' Cheese Soup (adapted from Cuisine at Home magazine)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) Below
- 1 1/2 cups dry elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose four
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh chives
- Cook macaroni in a pot of salted water according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Sweat onion and celery in butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour to coat and cook 1 minute. Deglaze with wine and simmer until nearly evaporated. Stir in broth, mustard, nutmeg, and cayenne. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes, then whisk in milk and warm through. Do not let boil or base may become grainy.
- Add cheddar, 1 cup at a time, allowing it to melt completely before adding the next cup. Stir in macaroni, lemon juice, and salt; remove from heat.
- Combine blue cheese and chives in a small bowl. Garnish each serving with blue cheese mixture.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TBoroczk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mac n' Cheese Soup (adapted from Cuisine at Home magazine) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes