excellent salad! i used feta instead of the ricotta and it was a hit!
"Mac and Cheese" Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
Yield: Makes 12 servings
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dillweed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 16 ounces uncooked fusilli pasta
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated ricotta salata*
- 4 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- Freshly ground pepper
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions; drain. Cool pasta under running water; drain well.
- Add pasta and next 3 ingredients to buttermilk dressing in bowl; toss well. Sprinkle with pepper.
- *Ricotta salata is a firm sheep's milk cheese available at import markets. If it's unavailable, substitute crumbled feta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This