love love love this recipe they kids couldn't get enough we ate left overs for every meal!!!!
Mac and Cheese, Please
Photo: Antonis Achilleos
More From Allyou
Bake: 20 Minutes
Total: 40 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 246
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 160mg
- Sodium: 357mg
- 1 cup small elbow macaroni or other short pasta
- 1 cup small whole-wheat elbow macaroni or other short pasta
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 8 ounces reduced-fat Cheddar, shredded (about 2 cups total)
- 1/3 cup cornflake crumbs (or plain dry bread crumbs)
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain well.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mist a 2 1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3. Warm milk in a large saucepan over medium heat. Gradually add flour, whisking steadily until combined. Add mustard, garlic powder, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Continue cooking until sauce thickens, stirring constantly.
- 4. Reduce heat to low. Whisk in cream cheese until well blended; add 1 1/3 cups shredded Cheddar and stir until melted. Add macaroni, stirring until well coated. Pour into baking dish.
- 5. Toss remaining Cheddar with cornflake crumbs and sprinkle evenly over top.
- 6. Bake until golden on top and bubbling throughout, about 20 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This