Mac and Cheese Please
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) small elbow macaroni or small pasta
- 1 cup(s) snakk wgole-wheat macaroni or small pasta
- 2 cup(s) low fat milk
- 3 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour (unbleached)
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) mustard
- 1 2/5 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 dash(es) worcestershire sauce
- 2 ounce(s) reduced fat cream cheese
- 8 ounce(s) reduced fat cheddar about two cups total
- 1/3 cup(s) cornflake crumbs
- cook macaroni according to package instuctions,drain well.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.Mist a 21/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Warm milk in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Gradually add flour, whisking steadily until combined. Add mustard, garli9c powder, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Continue cooking until sauce thickens, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low. Whisk in cream cheese until well blended; add 11/2 cups shredded Cheddar and stir until melted. Add macaroni, stirring until well coated. Pour into baking dish.
- Toss remaining Cheddar with cornflake crumbs and sprinkle evenly over top.
- Bake until golden on the top and bubbling thourghout, about 20 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RandyHood and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes