m & m bars
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cups, plus 2 T. all-purpose flour (spoon the flour into the measuring cups and level off with a knife)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 12 T. butter (170g), melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup (198.5g) light brown sugar
- ½ cup (99g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla (I substituted two (2) 8g packets of vanilla sugar and used it as part of the granulated sugar called for)
- 15 oz (430g) bag of M&M’s
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C) and place the rack in the lower-middle section. Line a 9X13” pan with foil and grease the foil with baking spray or softened butter.
- Melt the butter and set it aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk the flour, salt and baking soda together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Put both the sugars (and vanilla sugar if using) in a large mixing bowl. Pour the butter in and whisk together until well combined. Add the egg and egg yolk and whisk well again.
- Dump the flour mixture into the batter and mix together with a rubber spatula until just combined and a thick dough is formed. Do not over mix it.
- Add 1 heaping cup of M&M’s and mix them in to distribute evenly throughout the dough.
- Dump the dough onto the foil lined pan and spread out evenly. Spread the remaining M&M’s over the top and press them into the dough a little. Bake up to 28 minutes (mine only took 23) until it just begins to brown and the edges begin to pull away from the edges. The center will still be soft, but the residual heat will continue to cook it after it comes out of the oven. You can let it cool on the pan placed on a wire rack, but I prefer to grab the foil sling and carefully transfer it immediately onto a kitchen towel on the counter so that it doesn’t cook too much more. Once cooled completely, this will leave you with chewy soft cookie bars instead of crunchy ones! Cut into squares when cooled.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Melissa123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
m & m bars Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts