Lynn's Steamed Mussels
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pounds mussels
- Purge mussels in 1/3 c kosher salt in 1gallon water for about 2 hours (keep cool)
- in saute pan
- saute about 1/2c onion and 1/4 c garlic cloves chopped in 1 teaspoon butter
- add about 3/4 c white wine, let simmertill alcohol evaporates, add 3/4 cup chicken stock. Italian seasoning (about 1t) and 3 sprigs fresh rosemary.
- Bring to simmer and add purged and scrubbed mussles. Cover and steam about 5-10 minutes or untill mussels open
- remove mussles and keep warm.
- add about 1/3 c heavy cream to pan and simmer about 5 minutes, add 1/4 cup grated parm cheese and 1/3 c fresh chopped basil salt/pepper to taste
- Return mussels to pan. Toss to coat. Serve with french bread.
- Or combine 1/3 c low fat milk ,1t melted butter and 1T flour mix well and add to broth/wine mix,,simmer till it thickens, add basil,and cheese, Return mussles to broth Top with Italian Parsley (if desired) and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LCherry and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lynn's Steamed Mussels Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes