Lynn's Plaza III Steak Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) beef base paste (such as McCormick's Beef Base)
- 3 teaspoon(s) browning sauce (such as Kitchen Bouqet)
- 1 cup(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) carrots, chopped bite-sized
- 1 cup(s) celery, chopped bite sized
- 2 cup(s) chopped tomatoes
- 2 cup(s) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon(s) Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 cup(s) onions, chopped bite sized
- 1 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 cup(s) red wine, divided
- 1 pound(s) sirloin steak, cubed
- 1 quart(s) water
- Cube sirloin into bite size pieces. Brown steak in a skillet with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil; Drain and set aside.
- Place chopped onions, celery and carrots in a small saucepan; add water just to cover. Heat to boiling and boil just unitil vegetables are crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a dutch oven over medium heat. Stir in flour and blend until smooth. Gradually stir in 1 quart of water plus 1/2 cup of wine. Cook, stirring unitl hot, smooth and thickened. Stir in seasoned salt, pepper, beef base and tomatoes. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in browning sauce, frozen mixed vegetables, cooked vegetables, remaining wine and browned meat. Cover and cook over medium heat 30 minutes stirring occasionnally.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LynnAW08 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lynn's Plaza III Steak Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews