Lynn's Garden Tuna Salad
Community Recipe from
- canned tuna
- 2 (6 oz. each) oil- or water-packed albacore or chunk-style tuna, drained well
- 1 hard-cooked large eggs, shelled
- 1 cup finely chopped inner celery stalks, tender leaves reserved $
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion or shallots
- About1/3 cup mayonnaise (regular, or half reduced-fat and half sour cream) $
- About 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper
- About 4 cups inner romaine or butter lettuce leaves, rinsed and crisped
- About 1/2 cup red grapess, stemmed, rinsed, and drained (see notes)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Paprika (optional)
- About 1 cup small cherry tomatoes, stemmed, rinsed, and drained (see notes) $
- 1. Put tuna in a bowl. Coarsely chop egg; add to tuna.
- 2. Add celery, capers, and onion to bowl; mix well with a fork, breaking tuna into small pieces. Add mayonnaise and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and mix. Add more mayonnaise, if desired. Season to taste with salt (be cautious - capers are salty).
- 3. Arrange lettuce and celery leaves equally in four wide, shallow bowls. Mound tuna salad on greens,
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LCherry and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lynn's Garden Tuna Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads