Lynda Dowling's Lavender Lemonade
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 139
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Protein: 0.2g
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 0.7mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup (a generous handful) fresh or 1 tablespoon dried lavender blooms stripped from stems
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, strained
- Ice cubes
- Lavender sprigs for garnish
- 1. Combine sugar with 2 1/2 cups water in a medium pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- 2. Add the lavender blooms to the sugar water, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand at least 20 minutes (and up to several hours).
- 3. Strain mixture and discard lavender. Pour infusion into a glass pitcher. Add lemon juice and another 2 1/2 cups water. Stir well and watch lemonade change color.
- 4. Pour into tall glasses half-filled with ice or refrigerate until ready to use. Garnish lemonade with fresh lavender sprigs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This