Lynda Dowling's Lavender Lemonade
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 139
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Protein: 0.2g
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 0.7mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup (a generous handful) fresh or 1 tablespoon dried lavender blooms stripped from stems
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, strained
- Ice cubes
- Lavender sprigs for garnish
- 1. Combine sugar with 2 1/2 cups water in a medium pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- 2. Add the lavender blooms to the sugar water, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand at least 20 minutes (and up to several hours).
- 3. Strain mixture and discard lavender. Pour infusion into a glass pitcher. Add lemon juice and another 2 1/2 cups water. Stir well and watch lemonade change color.
- 4. Pour into tall glasses half-filled with ice or refrigerate until ready to use. Garnish lemonade with fresh lavender sprigs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note