I used my little hand held Donvier ice cream maker. You freeze the inner cyclinder then hand churn every three minutes. It took about 30 minutes to firm up. The flavor turned out pretty good. I did have to add additional 1/2 cup of sugar, because it was too tangy and still a little too plain yogurt tasting. I wasn't sure 2/3 of a cup of lemon curd would be enough, but after it was frozen the flavor came through much better.
Luscious Lemon Fro-Yo
Time: 25 minutes, plus 2 hours to freeze. Just as refreshing as our Tart 'n' Tangy Fro-Yo, but with the bright taste of lemon.
Yield: Makes about 4 3/4 cups; 9 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 116
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Protein: 7g
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 94mg
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- 32 ounces (about 4 cups) plain nonfat yogurt
- 2/3 cup lemon curd
- 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt and lemon curd.
- 2. Spoon mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer yogurt to a container and freeze until firm, about 3 1/2 hours.
- Make ahead: Freeze up to 1 week. Let soften at room temperature about 45 minutes before scooping, or microwave a few seconds until softened.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1/2-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note