I made these lumpia using cooked boneless chicken thighs and added minced carrots and green beans. They're time-consuming to make but worth every effort!
Lumpia [2011-04-03 15:48:46.222]
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 30 lumpia wrappers
- 2 cups peanut oil for frying
- In a large skillet brown ground pork. Remove pork and set aside, allowing to drain on paper towels.
- Coat skillet with canola oil. Add garlic and onion and saut until onion becomes translucent.
- Add the coleslaw mix, green onion and browned pork to the skillet and continue cooking. Stir to mix.
- Sprinkle pepper, garlic powder and low sodium soy sauce over mixture and stir. Remove from heat and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the filling mixture diagonally near one corner of the lumpia wrapper, leaving space at both ends. Fold the side nearest to you over the filling; fold in both sides and roll, keeping it tight. Moisten one edge of the wrapper with water to seal.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers. Keep the rolls covered with plastic wrap to keep from drying out.
- Heat a deep skillet over medium heat, and add peanut oil to 1/2" depth, and heat for 5 minutes. Carefully slide 3 to 4 lumpia into the oil. Fry for 1 to 2 minutes, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve hot or wrap and reheat for later.
- Nutrients per serving
- Calories: 257
- Protein: 11 g
- Carbohydrate: 31 g
- Fat: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 44 mg
- Sodium: 203mg
- Potassium: 158 mg
- Phosphorus: 90 mg
- Calcium: 30 mg
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Renal and Renal Diabetic Food Choices
- 1 meat
- 2 starch
- 1 fat
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RebekahRose and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lumpia [2011-04-03 15:48:46.222] Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers