Made this exactly as directed, except I substituted imitation crab for lump, which may have compromised the flavor slightly. Over all this was a very good recipe that wasn't hard to make at all. Will make again for sure!
Lump Crab-Stuffed Trout
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 324
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Protein: 53g
- Carbohydrate: 4.2g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 163mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 442mg
- Calcium: 176mg
- 3 center-cut bacon slices, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped carrot
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms (about 4 ounces)
- 4 ounces lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 (8-ounce) dressed whole rainbow trout
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon to pan; sauté 4 minutes. Add onion, bell pepper, carrot, thyme, and garlic; sauté 4 minutes. Stir in mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes. Place in a medium bowl; cool slightly. Stir in crabmeat, parsley, and juice.
- 3. Open trout flat as you would a book. Sprinkle trout evenly with salt and black pepper. Spoon about 1/4 cup mushroom mixture onto one side of each fish, and fold other side over to cover. Arrange fish on a foil-lined broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 5 inches from heat for 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This