- 3 center-cut bacon slices, chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped carrot
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms (about 4 ounces)
- 4 ounces lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 (8-ounce) dressed whole rainbow trout
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- calories 324
- fat 9.5 g
- satfat 2 g
- monofat 2.6 g
- polyfat 2.9 g
- protein 53 g
- carbohydrate 4.2 g
- fiber 0.9 g
- cholesterol 163 mg
- iron 2.2 mg
- sodium 442 mg
- calcium 176 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon to pan; sauté 4 minutes. Add onion, bell pepper, carrot, thyme, and garlic; sauté 4 minutes. Stir in mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes. Place in a medium bowl; cool slightly. Stir in crabmeat, parsley, and juice.
Open trout flat as you would a book. Sprinkle trout evenly with salt and black pepper. Spoon about 1/4 cup mushroom mixture onto one side of each fish, and fold other side over to cover. Arrange fish on a foil-lined broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 5 inches from heat for 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.