Really liked it! Very fresh, light taste. I bought fish sauce specifically for this recipe and it smelled very alarming, but when it's all mixed in it tastes wonderful.
Lump Crab Salad
This easy Lump Crab Salad is great for a fresh and delicious summertime meal.
Though it can be expensive, crabmeat is great for quick and delicious dinners. Substitute canned lump crabmeat for fresh, if you prefer, but avoid using regular canned crabmeat; the meat is too flaky for this dish. Rinse canned crabmeat for the best flavor.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 202
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 27.8g
- Carbohydrate: 5.3g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 128mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 730mg
- Calcium: 160mg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Thai fish sauce (such as Three Crabs)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 4 medium Boston lettuce leaves
- To prepare dressing, combine lime rind, juice, oil, sugar, fish sauce, salt, and ground red pepper, stirring with a whisk.
- To prepare salad, place celery and next 4 ingredients (through crabmeat) in a medium bowl; toss gently to combine. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Place 1 lettuce leaf on each of 4 plates; spoon 1 cup salad into each leaf.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note