Lumberjackie Soup Crockpot
An amazing way to enjoy winter root vegetables, plus it's packed with vitamins and antioxidants to help fend off winter colds. "This recipe was created while on a camping trip when we threw whatever we had into a pot and slow cooked it over the fire for hours—it came out wonderfully so I've used this recipe many times over the years, It's great for freezing and reheating.
Yield: 6 servings ( Serving Size: Yields: 21 cups )
Community Recipe from
- 7 1/2 cup(s) rutabaga, chopped
- 6 cup(s) carrots, chopped
- 2 cup(s) celery, chopped
- 2 cup(s) mushrooms, chopped
- 18 cup(s) water
- 2 cup(s) chickpeas, baked roast 20 min at 350
- 5 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt
- 2 low-sodium vegetable bullion cubes
- 6 cup(s) fresh spinach
- Place all ingredients except spinach in a slow cooker. Cook for approximately 6 hours until rutabaga and carrots are soft. Add spinach, allow to cook down, and stir to incorporate intosoup.
- Recipe courtesy of Lauren Hooks of Lithe Foods
- **** Make honey bran muffins to serve as the perfect after-meal treat.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by organizingfool and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note