Lumberjackie Soup Crockpot
An amazing way to enjoy winter root vegetables, plus it's packed with vitamins and antioxidants to help fend off winter colds. "This recipe was created while on a camping trip when we threw whatever we had into a pot and slow cooked it over the fire for hours—it came out wonderfully so I've used this recipe many times over the years, It's great for freezing and reheating.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 7 1/2 cup(s) rutabaga, chopped
- 6 cup(s) carrots, chopped
- 2 cup(s) celery, chopped
- 2 cup(s) mushrooms, chopped
- 18 cup(s) water
- 2 cup(s) chickpeas, baked roast 20 min at 350
- 5 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt
- 2 low-sodium vegetable bullion cubes
- 6 cup(s) fresh spinach
- Place all ingredients except spinach in a slow cooker. Cook for approximately 6 hours until rutabaga and carrots are soft. Add spinach, allow to cook down, and stir to incorporate intosoup.
- Recipe courtesy of Lauren Hooks of Lithe Foods
- **** Make honey bran muffins to serve as the perfect after-meal treat.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by organizingfool and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note