LuLu's Perfect Peel-and-Eat Shrimp
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Lindsey Ellis Beatty
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups liquid shrimp and crab boil seasoning
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 large)
- 1 (3-ounce) package boil-in-bag shrimp and crab boil
- 1/2 cup Creole seasoning
- 1/4 cup salt
- 5 bay leaves
- 3 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- Cocktail sauce
- 1. Combine 1 1/2 gallons water and first 7 ingredients in a large Dutch oven, stirring well. Bring to a boil. Add shrimp, and cook over high heat 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink; drain.
- 2. Place shrimp immediately in a single layer over ice on a rimmed baking sheet. Let cool 5 minutes. Remove shrimp with tongs to a bowl; cover and chill.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This